Monday, September 20, 2010

Almost there!


Hello Everyone!
It’s September 18th! So far the voyage has been rocky but so nice.
We hit a big squall (its pretty calm in the north sea)
This caused everyone or a large percentage of everyone getting really badly seasick.
 I wasn’t to bad I was just really homesick like sad for a bit not to bad. I only threw up once or twice not near as much as a lot of people here.  I can’t believe the actual waves we hit this week. I was on watch at night for a few hours and it was so cool. I mean like it looked like we were in the perfect storm! Ah! I know I mentioned this already in my previous postings but still! Weather is great now we will arrive in France (st. Malo) tomorrow! So excited I get to talk to some of you eat French baguette and Brie! I wish I didn’t have my stupid allergy. Today I had the first encounter of if people actually took my allergy seriously. There were almonds in a salad and the galley groups change everyday and they actually made me my own food I was so happy and excited I don’t think you actually understand how much J
So anyways I am about to head to Geography class, so far I don’t really like it I love my psychology class and my history class cause its so easy cause I have already done the work but Geo not to sure if I like the teaching methods we shall see only been a week or so of classes!  Any who I shall be back hopefully tonight if not signing off!
Talk to you soon!
Love jane J
Hey again
I have never accumulated so much information about the biosphere, lithosphere, atmosphere, and astrophysical sphere in my life! Holy crap! We were doing a bunch of review today since we have like a quiz kind of thing next week. Tomorrow we arrive in France! Woot! Everyone is beyond excited! We are all excited for food Internet café, and port shopping! I’ll try to pick up a few little things like post cards in every port.
I am going to say this now, mom the journal thing won’t work.
These random postings will have to do.
If there is something I want to remember I shall write it down. Days are pretty much the same besides when we are at port.
I was helming for a couple hours with a girl named Natasha who was on class afloat last year when it sank. We talked the whole time it was nice.
Mommy I miss snacking constantly.
I will be coming home bigger (not looking forward to that) need to invest in going to the gym everyday when I get home (you have to make me please and thank you!)
Its hard to even figure out how much you should or shouldn’t eat. We do fitness but not yet cause of the weather, its nice now so depending on what watch group you are in that will depend when you have fitness. I need a good work out so badly.
Moving on… My emotions are intact if that makes any sense. I am over the home sick hump I guess. It comes in waves.
Today I read a book of quotes daddy bought in Norway and he wrote throughout it and so I cried a bit reading it today just cause of what was in it (very heartfelt)
Sorry for those of you who don’t want to read the kind of stuff but oh well.
So tomorrow when I get to France and will be talking to some of you guys its kind of a special day its 10 months with Todd tomorrow (very exciting J) love u xo
Thanks for putting up with me, I know I am a lot to handle J
Man I am tired dinner time! See you guys tomorrow!
Lots of love!
Janer! xooxoo

5 comments:

  1. Hey Janer
    I was so happy to see your smiling face today - Skype is good !!
    I was also pleased to hear that you were safe and sound as you made your way through the "perfect storm". I can't believe that you were only sick a couple of times and I am amazed at the height of the waves when you are doing your watch on deck.
    Stay safe - make lots of friends - have fun!!
    Miss you and love you a lot. Grandma Pat XX OO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jane,

    Glad to hear you got over the hump. Keep posting the pics, they are great to sea (ha ha), I mean see. Enjoy France and the beaches, it will really make you appreciate history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    Hi Jane. Grandma Pat is here with me trying to get me into Skype but it is telling me I am using the wrong password. Do you remember the password you used when you loaded Skype on my computer?
    We want to keep in touch with you by Skype and this blog. We are glad you have adapted well. It sounds like a great experience.

    Poppa Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane.
    I am so glad that you are safe and well. Poppa Bob and I have been thinking about you so much. Glad to hear that you survived the sick stuff. I hope we can get Skype so I can see your smiling face again! Keep in touch with us and stay safe. We miss you and love you so much!
    Love, Grandma Joan XX OO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane,
    It's me again. I forgot to tell you that Andrew is here today. His baby-sitter was busy today so Poppa Bob went to Lynn's school and got him.Andrew told us that Jane has gone on a big boat.{ a really big boat}
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Love you lots, Grandma Joan XX OO

    ReplyDelete