Monday, September 20, 2010

AT SEA!


Hello Everyone!
So my last posting was on Saturday the 12th and it was in Daddy’s hotel room back in Norway. I am currently on the 4th days coming to the 5th night. Our current location is off the coast of the Netherlands. We got a little off course due to the huge storm that we encountered around Monday. If I could have shown you guys what It looked like you would have probably fell on the floor from either panic of we need get her home or just wow that looks cool! Anyways I tried getting a picture but it was to rough. I instead focused on keeping myself attached to the boat and did what I was told to do. (Be on lookout and be on fire watch). I don’t have a clue why I wasn’t terrified to be out there but I wasn’t which I thought was really weird. My friend Shannon and I were trying to figure out why we were scared. We thought it was so cool! I thought id go through what a typical day for you on the ship.
A day in the life of Jane at Sea
-       6:50 or 7am wake up ready for breakfast if you want it at 7am till 8am
-       8am meeting, morning announcements things like that
-       8:15 till 9am cleaning stations
-       9 am classes and day watches begin
-       You do day watch class and night watch ever day and night.
-       My night watch is 8-10 pm the best one but we switch off every 3 weeks.
-       8-10, then 10-12. Then 12-2, 2-4, then 4-6. There is also a 6-9am watch which also wouldn’t be as bad as some of them
-       Classes can run from 9am till 7pm but doesn’t mean you have class until then it just means that how long classes could go till.
-       You nap whenever you can and that works for your schedule.

Dinnertime soon! Food here is decent. Better then thought it was going to be. So I am going to try and write some more emails but most of you are attached or look at the blog so not to many to write! J

Miss you everyone
Lots of Love
Jane

Ps. I will try and attach photos I am sorry that it isn't working very well right now.
See Facebook i know you all aren't on it :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment